Friday, August 30, 2013

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia


I spent two nights in Kuala Lumpur before leaving Malaysia. I was staying with Archana from Mumbai, and her two lovely cats. As I am somewhat obsessed with cats, this was a wonderful set up.

Hobbs and Biggles

I had just one full day to explore the city. I met with another Couchsurfer and we started off by going to Masjid Negara - the National Mosque.

In proper attire..


From there we went to Perdana Botanical Gardens. It was beautiful.



Afterwards I went to Dataran Merdeka or "Independence Square." Malaysian Independence Day is 31 August, so there were many schoolkids there practising a sort of dance (for lack of a better word) for the upcoming date.



Any visit to Kuala Lumpur wouldn't be complete without seeing the "twin towers" (the tallest twins in the world)....

The photo doesn't do them justice

...Or without trying some new Malay food.


Vegetarian "Nyonya Laksa": A Malay classic





1 comment:

  1. hello. I'm going to India in January. I'm staying in Darjeling and then proceed to Nepal. I saw your profile on couchsurfing, but as I'm new here I can not write for you. Follow my e-mail below and if possible would like to hosting tips and places to visit in India and Nepal.
    tnks

    suegotardo@gmail.com

    Brasil

    ReplyDelete