Friday, September 6, 2013

Kathmandu, Nepal

About a week ago I came from Malaysia to Kathmandu. For the first two nights I stayed with a lovely family who had two small children.

Diya, age 9

Dishanta, age 3
They showed me around a bit, to some really nice places such as Swayambhu Stupa, also known as Monkey Temple.


I saw some other sites during my time in Kathmandu, including...


Darbur Square

Cremation at Pashupatinath Temple

Pashupatinath 

Pashupatinath 

After staying with my first couchhosts for a few days, I went to stay with another family.



They lived close to a river and hill which had a great view of Kathmandu Valley





September 5th was Father's Day in Nepal, and there was a big festival in Gokarna with LOTS of people.

Many people bathing in the river

Many things for sale on the street


From my second host family I learned the traditional way to make chapati.



The food has been delicious, as expected...









No comments:

Post a Comment